Friday, June 09, 2006

Inanam District Scout 1st Camboree

Hi all!

I know it has been so long since I last wrote something in my blog. Not that nothing is happening, it is just that...... I'm too busy? Ok, I know it's a lame excuse. So today I thought I could just write in something about our just concluded Inanam District Scout 1st Camboree which was held from 3 - 7 June 2006 at S.K. Pengiran Siti Hafsah, Karambunai, Kota Kinabalu. About 175 Cub Scouts and Scouts participants and Service Team mainly from Inanam District and also Kota Kinabalu and Sembulan district attended the camp which was officiated by the Karambunai Assembly Member cum Sabah Assistant Minister for Industrial Development, Yang Berhormat Hajah Jainab DSP Ahmad Ayid. The troops include 02 Inanam S.M.K. Bandaraya, 03 S.K. Inanam Laut, 09 S.M.A. Inanam, 11 Inanam S.M.K. Inanam, 21 Inanam S.K. Gudon, 25 Inanam S.M.K. Kolombong, 16 KK S.M.K Perempuan Likas, 1st Sembulan S.M. La Salle and S.M. Sanzac.

Some of the activities held are like kayaking, obstacle run, nike hike, flying fox, Indaba, Scout night and one activity which I would like to take this opportunity to thank the Environmental Action Committee (EAC) Sabah particularly Mr. Low and Mr. Honny Ukung is the Environmental Community Project held at the school. With the help of EAC's annual World Environment Day (WED) grant, we were able to held the project successfully on World Environment Day which is on 5 June 2006. Two main activities were held; tree plantation around the school field and teaching the scouts how to make compost out of food waste. So there you are, our districts first ever Camboree (No wonder I was too busy to write!)

No comments: